Chip Brooker is a trial lawyer and creative problem solver who has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for injured plaintiffs and their families.
On January 1, 2019, after 14 years practicing with and learning from some of the best trial lawyers in the country, Chip opened Brooker Law, PLLC to continue his fight on behalf of injured plaintiffs. Brooker Law, PLLC represents individuals and their families nationwide in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases involving trucking and transportation crashes, dangerous and defective products, on-the-job injuries, explosions and burns, sexual assault, and professional negligence among other claims.
In 2018, Chip was the youngest and one of only 13 plaintiff’s trial lawyers in Dallas listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers, and D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas. Alongside his former colleagues, Chip was recognized as a member of the 2018 Products Liability Trial Team of the Year by the publishers of The National Law Journal and The Trial Lawyer for his work on a $242 million verdict against Toyota. That verdict is the second-largest personal-injury verdict in Dallas County history, according to VerdictSearch.
- Texas A&M University (B.S., Magna Cum Laude, 2001)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2004)
- Products Liability Trial Team of the Year, The National Law Journal and The National Trial Lawyers (2018)
- Best Lawyers in America, BL Rankings, Inc. (2018-2019)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2015-2019)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2017-2019)
- Texas Super Lawyers—Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters (2007-2009, 2011-2015)
- Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 25 Products Liability Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Sustaining Life Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation
- 20 Under 40, People Newspapers (2018)
Bar and Community Service
Chip is a recognized leader in the local and statewide legal community. He currently serves as a Director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the Dallas Bar Association and is also a former President of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers and former Chair of the DAYL Foundation. Chip also has served on the Board of Directors of the Texas Young Lawyers Association and as a District Representative for the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division.
In the community, Chip is an active member of Highland Park United Methodist Church. Previously, he taught Sunday School and served as Chair of the Church Council and as a Director of The Weekday School at University Park United Methodist Church.
Chip has also served as a Director of Soul’s Harbor, Inc., a recovery home for homeless men battling addiction, and he is an active supporter of Operation Underground Railroad and its efforts to combat human trafficking. Chip also coaches youth lacrosse for Highland Park Boys Lacrosse.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas